Every three years, the World Petroleum Council honors outstanding projects within the oil and gas sector with the Excellence Awards for Technological Developments and Social Responsibility.
Companies wishing to participate in the WPC Excellence Awards 2017 can submit their project proposals at
Nominations can only be made online and need to be submitted before March 31, 2017.
The following criteria are taken into consideration when assessing the projects:
- Innovative and far-reaching social responsibility initiatives benefitting the community or environment
- Commitment and involvement of management and employees
- Cooperation with local communities and stakeholders and development of mutually beneficial relations
- Wide applicability and reproducibility within the petroleum sector
- Proved or clearly demonstrable long-term sustainable results
The judging panel is selected from a group of international stakeholders and industry experts and is independent of WPC. To recognise the efforts of both NOCs and large organisations as well as small to medium sized organisations, there are two winners. In addition, the WPC presents two highly commended awards. The winners will be announced on the first day of the Congress at the WPC Excellence Awards Ceremony.